Jeff Buckner, PMP
Sr. IT Project Manager
|IT Project Management||Enterprise Applications Development|
|PMO/Program Management||SaaS Application Configuration/Deployment|
|IT Management||PMBOK Practice Standards & Framework|
|Client/Stakeholder Management||SDLC, Agile, Scrum, RUP Methodologies|
|Team Building / People Management||Software Quality Assurance|
|Budgeting & Financial Management||Infrastructure (compute, storage, networking)|
|Degree:||BA, Computer Science, Spring Arbor University, MI|
|Certifications:||Executive Management Program, UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (2001)
Paralegal Certification Program, UC San Diego (June 2018)
PMP – Project Management Professional (2013)
CSM – Certified Scrum Master (2014)
ITIL – IT Service Management Foundations (2014)
MOS Word 2016 – Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (2017)
TrialDirector Certification, Ipro Tech, LLC, AZ (2017)
|Industries:||Health Plan Management; Legal; Industrial Equipment Manufacturing; Mortgage Lending; IT Consulting; Business Consulting; Satellite TV; Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical and Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturing; Biotech, Life Insurance, Entertainment/Movie Studio; Quick Service Restaurant; U.S. Air Force; Automotive Manufacturing; Information Systems Management|
|MS Office Suite/365
MS Project Server
|CA Project Portfolio Management
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Erwin Business Process
Independent IT Consultant, Orange County and San Diego 2016 – present
Website Development / SEO / PPC AdWords Campaign, Law firm, Newport Beach, CA
- Designed/built the firm’s official website. Performed search engine optimization (SEO) and launched a Google AdWords PPC campaign. Increased inbound contacts from potential clients by over 800%. Technologies included WordPress; Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Amazon Web Services (AWS); Mailchimp; Google Search Console (webmaster tools) and AdWords; 1&1 hosting.
- Designed/built the firm’s continuing legal education (CLE) streaming video courses website to provide free CLE courses to lawyers and paralegals. Configured AWS account to stream course videos and provide statistics. Additional technologies same as above.
- Supported complex civil litigation matter during discovery phase by analyzing over 500,000 emails and documents for relevancy and facts pattern using Outlook data extraction tools, Excel pivot tables, and other e-discovery data analysis & extraction tools.
Business Plan / Policies & Procedures, Legal professional services company, Santa Ana, CA
- Developed the company’s business plan. Improved employee morale and employee efficiency by 30% by eliminating non-strategic activities.
- Wrote and implemented policies & procedures, streamlined business process workflows, and trained the staff. Freed up senior management by over 20% to focus on sales, marketing, and activities aligned with strategic direction.
CRM SaaS Implementation, Green energy industrial lighting company, Costa Mesa, CA
- Configured & deployed Insightly SaaS CRM to over 100 users (employees, vendors, other 3rd parties). Increased sales by 10%, improved productivity by 20%, and positively impacted employee morale. Worked closely with senior management to gather requirements, define scope, build the project schedule, and manage risks and issues. Provide on-going support as needed.
Sr. IT Project Manager | Consultant, Molina Healthcare, Long Beach, CA 2013 – 2016
- Managed all aspects of the Affordable Care Act (ACA, Obamacare) expansion project requiring 1,000s of complex changes to Molina’s health plan management systems in 13 states. Modules included enrollment, eligibility, provider assignment, claims, billing, electronic medical records, end-user facing websites, HIPAA compliance, and integrations with 100s of business partners and health providers.
- Managed $10 million project budget. Developed detailed project schedule using MS Project and CA Clarity enterprise PPM (Project Portfolio Management) application consisting of 1,000s of tasks assigned to over 100 hundred IT and business personnel in a highly-matrixed reporting structure.
- Created requirements tracking application in Microsoft SharePoint and revamped Molina’s risk management and change management process
- Completed the project on time and within budget for the inaugural ACA open enrollment on October 1, 2013.
- Managed the Microsoft Upgrade Project consisting of version upgrades to 10,000 Internet Explorer instances and upgrades from Windows 7.
Sr. IT Project Manager | Consultant, Stearns Lending LLC, Santa Ana, CA 2013
- Implemented sweeping changes in hosted environments, data center operations, systems management, network and storage engineering, systems administration, and operations management. Coordinated extensively with best of class hosting providers and networking and communications outside vendors. Wrote numerous RFIs and RFPs, hosted vendor demos, and facilitated executive decisions on strategic direction and capital spending.
- Forecasted Infrastructure needs and then worked closely with IT personnel, data centers and 3rd party Infrastructure technology vendors through implementation.
- Managed all phases of the SDLC: Requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, support, and turnover to maintenance.
- Managed a heavily matrixed project team of over 100 people including systems analysts, architects, database admins, programmers, testers, release managers, production acceptance testers.
IT Consultant, Resources Global Professionals (RGP), Irvine, CA 2004 – 2012
- As an employee of RGP, completed enterprise-class IT project management engagements at numerous Fortune 500 companies including DirecTV, Johnson & Johnson, Thermo Fisher Scientific/Invitrogen, Pacific Life, and Ameriquest Mortgage
Sr. IT Project Manager | Consultant, DirecTV, El Segundo, CA 2011 – 2012
- Lead numerous business applications development projects simultaneously through all aspects of the SDLC from requirements definition through production deployment in this highly-matrixed, distributed and process-heavy environment.
- Conducted project initiation, project chartering, team building, project scheduling & monitoring, requirements definition, design review, risk & issue management, production deployment, budget management, status reporting and executive updates.
Sr. IT Project Manager | Consultant, Johnson & Johnson, Irvine, CA 2009 – 2011
- Collaborated closely with the field service management process owners to identify business process improvement opportunities and document business requirements and functional / non-functional specifications.
- Managed the prioritization of application enhancements. Worked closely with application vendors in regard to enhancements and implementation of incremental releases.
Sr. IT Project Manager | Consultant, Thermo Fisher Scientific/Invitrogen, Irvine, CA 2008 – 2009
- Implemented and facilitated the IT project governance board to review all projects to maximize IT ROI expenditures.
- Reduced expenses over $5M as the Project Manager for the merger of multiple global IT help desks and on-site support teams.
Sr. IT Project Manager | Consultant, Pacific Life, Newport Beach, CA 2007 – 2008
- Special focus on the systems integration testing, configuration management, and deployment aspects of the project. Hands-on responsibility for the day-to-day management of the off-shore testing team.
- Reduced maintenance expenses by 30% by replacing the legacy mainframe system and consolidating agents onto a single system.
Vice President, Operations, Newell Logistics, Tustin, CA 2007
- Ran operations and IT for this start-up.
IT Program Manager | Consultant, Ameriquest Mortgage, CA 2004 – 2007
- Integrated the custom developed application with numerous corporate applications, banks, credit agencies, reporting systems, and the enterprise data warehouse.
- Served as the primary link between the project and the company’s executive management.
- Established and managed the project’s PMO.
IT Director, Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment, Culver City, CA 2002 – 2003
- Launched Sony MOVIE STUDIO™ and Sony MUSIC STUDIO™ consumer retail products. Directed all aspects of the product software development, manufacturing of the boxed retail product, and distribution to retail stores including 1,100 Best Buy stores.
- Directed a staff of 16 production team members in the development and support of companion websites for publishing and sharing content created by the consumer in MOVIE STUDIO™ and MUSIC STUDIO™