Jeff Buckner, PMP, CSM
San Diego, CA 92131
Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager with 20+ years’ experience leading large, complex IT programs and projects for Fortune 500 companies from inception through planning, execution, and closing. Proven success managing multiple projects simultaneously with budgets up to $50 million and teams of 100+ technical and business professionals. Excellent communication and leadership skills. Core competencies include:
|Project Planning & Scheduling||Organizational Management|
|Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, RUP||Applications Development|
|Systems Analysis||IT Infrastructure Management|
|Budgeting & ROI Analysis||PMO Setup & Management|
|Testing/QA/Rollout/Support||System Migrations & Integrations|
|Client Relations & Presentations||IT Process Improvements|
Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Computer Science, Spring Arbor University (1986)
Certifications: Executive Program, UCLA Anderson School of Management,
PMP, CSM, ITIL, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
IT Project Manager/Scrum Master, Newland Real Estate Development, San Diego, CA 8/2018 – 3/2019
- Using Scrum, led the design, development, testing, training, and deployment of a mission-critical real estate management system to 100+ users in 20 locations nationwide – finished the project 3 months ahead of schedule. Planned sprints, maintained product backlog, burn-down chart and facilitated daily scrum meetings.
- Managed a team of 20+ business SMEs, business analysts, programmers, and QA personnel. Fostered positive communication between the developers and internal business stakeholders.
- Maintained daily updates to the project schedule, risk register, issues list, and all communications to stakeholders & senior executives.
IT Consultant, Buckner Law Corp., Irvine, CA 4/2016 – 7/2018
- Built the firm’s corporate website using WAMP stack and an online video courses website offering California State Bar approved MCLE courses. Hosted videos on AWS streaming optimized servers.
- Implemented search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and a Google AdWords marketing campaign that generated over $100,000 in new business.
- Utilized iPro TrialDirector and Microsoft Excel to build queries and significantly speed up eDiscovery tasks including identifying, acquiring, preserving, and analyzing digital evidence.
Sr. IT Project Manager, Molina Healthcare. Long Beach, CA 8/2013 – 4/2016
- Managed the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) applications development and systems integration project affecting 500,000+ enrollees in 10 states. Facilitated all meetings with state & federal government entities, business partners, and health providers.
- Planned and scheduled tasks across 100+ onshore and offshore business systems analysts, programmers, QA personnel, and customer support teams.
- Managed complex business rules changes to systems including enrollment, eligibility, provider assignment, claims. billing, electronic medical records, customer-facing websites, and HIPAA compliance modules.
IT Infrastructure Manager, Stearns Lending LLC, Santa Ana, CA 1/2013 – 8/2013
- Led the enterprise migration from a self-hosted to a fully hosted Tier 4 data center.
- Managed daily IT infrastructure operations and support with a technical team of 10+ network, storage, and computing engineers.
- Responsible for vendor management, security, systems administration. operations management, and all physical and virtual environments.
IT Consultant, Resources Global Professionals (RGP), Irvine, CA 1/2004 – 11/2012
- Led application development projects and business process re-engineering at Fortune 500 companies including DirecTV, Johnson & Johnson, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Pacific Life, and Ameriquest Mortgage.
- Assisted Account Development Managers and Project Managers in development and delivery of plans on key accounts
Sr. IT Project Manager, DirecTV. EI Segundo, CA 5/2011 – 10/2012
- Led 12 application development projects through all aspects of the SDLC from requirements through deployment & go-live. Managed the tasks of 50+ analysts, programmers, and QA personnel a highly matrixed environment.
- Coordinated closely with senior level executives in both the Marketing and Operations departments.
- Developed cost estimates and managed project budgets exceeding $5 million.
IT Applications Manager, ASP/Johnson & Johnson, Irvine, CA 9/2009 – 4/2011
- Collaborated with the field service management process owners to identify business process improvement opportunities and document business requirements and functional / non-functional specifications.
- Managed a team of 10+ business analysts, DBAs, and programmers to keep field operations systems running smoothly.
- Implemented ITIL service management best practices to dramatically increase end-user satisfaction.
Sr. IT Project Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific/Life Technologies, Carlsbad, CA 2/2008 – 9/2009
- Implemented project portfolio management (PPM) best practices and a PPM SaaS application to track all IT projects.
- Developed proprietary project ROI evaluation model to enable objective evaluation of in-flight projects.
- Formed the IT project governance board to review all projects to maximize IT ROI expenditures and improve resource demand management.
Sr. IT Project Manager, Pacific Life, Newport Beach, CA 7/2007 – 2/2008
- Managed systems integration testing, configuration management, and deployment aspects of the insurance products management enterprise application development project.
- Hands-on responsibility for the day-to-day management of over 30 offshore testing personnel.
Vice President, Operations, In Home Service Professionals, Tustin, CA 1/2007 – 5/2007
- Managed client relationships for this nation-wide window coverings installation provider. Clients included JCPenney and Smith & Noble.
- Managed IT and Operations departments comprised of 40+ technical and business professionals.
- Led the design and development of the service management application, migrated computer operations to a data center hosted environment, managed nation-wide network of vendors.
IT Program Manager, Ameriquest Mortgage, Anaheim, CA 1/2004 – 1/2007
- Led the design and development of a mission critical loan origination system used in over 200 branches nationwide.
- Setup and managed the project PMO. Responsible for the activities of 100+ offshore and local developers, business analysts, QA, deployment, and support personnel.
- Led the entire company’s migration from a self-hosted to a fully hosted, redundant data center environment. Led the organizations readiness for a SOx audit.
Bachelor of Arts, Computer Science, Spring Arbor University (1986)
Executive Program, UCLA Anderson School of Management (2001)
PMP (Project Management Professional, 2013)
CSM (Certified Scrum Master, 2014)
ITIL (IT Service Management, 2014)
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Word (2017)
Project Management Institute (PMI), San Diego, CA – Member (2013 – present)
Homeless Outreach, San Diego, CA – Volunteer in faith-based program (2019 – present)
Lighthouse Community Center, Santa Ana, CA – Tutored underprivileged students (2013 – 2015)